Secure I AM Forums

Author   Comment  
Jake73

Home Owner
Reply with quote  #1 
How do I get the Android keypad app to work?
Secure I AM

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Jake,

the short answer is you can not use the App with your panel.

1. The app uses a protocol that your panel doesn't have but the 48 panels and above do as do the Elite panels.
2. If the App changed to use the Wintex Protocol then you would be able to use the App over IP.
    You can use the Online keypad and Wintex over a phone but you would need a modem connected to the device you are using.

Solutions at the moment.

1. Use the Online keypad program (Doesn't work for Elite Panels) or a dumbed down version of Wintex for end users.
   (You need a laptop, pc, or phone that can run these programs, ie full version of Windows not the RT)

2. The comp-ip module doesn't require any setting up, just use com port 1 and programmed as nothing fitted.

3. You will need to check your router or use Lantronix device installer to find out which local ip address has been assigned.

4. You will need to forward the port on your router, portforwarding.com have lots of details on different routers and step by step guides.

Warning, if your ISP has a short lease time, then you will need DNS service from someone like noip.com. 

BT is one such provider, where if you turn your router off and back on your external ip address will have changed, You will need to set this service up in your router/hub.  Virgin cable customers can turn there hubs off for days and the ip address will not have changed when its switched back on.

If you are not sure if your ip address changes you can test it by typing in the internet browser whatismyip.com, write the ip address down, reboot the the router/hub and repeat the process and do the ip's match. 

We can offer to set this up for you remotely for a small fee paid via paypal if you have the engineers code for the panel and know how to log into your router/hub. Please give us a call to discuss a suitable time and to discuss cost.

Do not post any personal or alarm details here.

Home Owner
Reply with quote  #3 
ok i will give you a ring then
Jake73

Home Owner
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks  for sorting that

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!